Affordable Kosher Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Do I have to be home to receive my delivery?No. As long as there is a safe place to leave your order, it will be left on your doorstep. All Early AM deliveries will be done this wa.
2. How will Affordable Kosher ensure fresh quality Products all the way on the West Coast?Affordable Kosher has established relationships with some of North Americas leading purveyors of Kosher Chicken, Beef and Dairy. A special Refrigerated truck service delivers goods to us from the New York Area every week. These trucks each have two drivers, so that the trucks get from New York to Seattle in just over 48 hours.
3. How do my groceries stay fresh while they're on the trucks?At affordable Kosher, the quality of your food is our biggest concern. We carefully control the conditions in which your products are stored, right up until the moment you receive them, so that fresh items stay chilled and frozen items remain frozen.
4. How do my items stay fresh when they're sitting on my doorstep?To keep all of your products at their proper temperatures, unattended deliveries will be left for you in totes packed with frozen gel packs and, if necessary, dry ice. This packaging can maintain the correct temperature of your products for up to 4 hours.
5. What should I do with the totes from my deliveries?In order to help us save fuel and help Seattle stay a little greener the totes will be picked up when we deliver your next order, be sure to leave your totes out for us the night before your next delivery. If you have any trouble with tote pickups, please don't hesitate to contact us. If your totes are not available for us to pick up you will be assed a $20 replacement charge per tote.
6. Should I tip my driver?Our policy is not to accept tips. After all, our job is to make your life easier; delivering a high-quality service should be your expectation.
7. You don't carry a product I want!Please let us know about the products you want. We're building our selection as fast as possible, but we really want to know what you'd like us to carry. Send us your feedback, and someone from our team will be in touch with you.
8. Where do you deliver and when will you start delivering in my neighborhood?
Our home page lists our current Delivery Zones & Schedule.
Interested in delivery, but don’t see your zip code? Contact Us and let us know.
9. How far in advance do I need to place an order?
Orders should be place by 1:00 PM on the day prior to your requested delivery.
10. Will my order be Fresh or Frozen?
All Dairy products will be fresh and are guaranteed to have a minimum of 6 days until the Sell By Date. Most Chicken and Meat will be available fresh as indicated in the item description on each Item – Affordable Kosher will always maintain Frozen items so that if a delivery does not come as planed or we run out of something we will have this as an option. However you will be notified prior to any substitution.
11. How long do I have to edit my order?Orders with "open" status in My Account can still be modified. You can change order-level information, such credit card or delivery time, or remove items from your delivery until we start processing your order. Once we start processing your order, its status will be changed to "processing" in My Account. Once your order is processing, items cannot be removed and the order cannot be cancelled. Since we have a limited number of fresh products once your order has been processed we can no longer sell this item to someone else, therefore we do not allow cancellation after this point.
12. Product RecallsAffordable Kosher handles product recalls on an individual basis. When we are notified that an item has been recalled, we stop selling the item and write to customers who have already purchased it to resolve the issue. For various consumer product recalls: Food & Drug Administration http://www.fda.gov/ & Consumer Product Safety Commission http://www.cpsc.gov/
13. I have a question that you didn't answer here!Please contact customer service. We'll answer your questions right away.
14. How will my meat or chicken be Packaged?Fresh Chicken will be packaged similarly to chicken in tray packs with plastic over wrap. This can then be frozen or kept in the cooler until the sell or use by date.Beef will be send in a cryovac package. Unopened this package will last in the refrigerator for 7-10 days. Or can be frozen at any point for up to one year.
15. How do I know my products are safe?All Beef & Chicken are produced by USDA approved and inspected plants, This seal will be present on all packages. Affordable Kosher has contracted for all butchering and trimming to take place within these facilities, thereby maintaining USDA standards.